STEP UK Annual Tax Conference 2018 in Edinburgh
There are just over five weeks until this conference takes place in Edinburgh on 24 May 2018. Can’t make it to Edinburgh? The conference will also take place in three other venues in the UK throughout June.
For many years, STEP has run two lecture series: in Spring, a conference on probate, wills administration and elderly/Court of Protection matters; and, in the Autumn, a tax series. With the decision to switch the UK Budget from March to November, STEP has decided to swap the series, so that the tax conference can deal with the implications for that year’s Finance Act, which receives Royal Assent before the start of the new tax year on 6 April.
As such, in 2018, the UK Annual Tax series will run in May/June, and the Tax, Trust and Estates series in September/October.
Programme highlights include:
Settlements – tips and traps
Agricultural Property Relief (APR) & Business Property Relief (BPR)
Land & Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT)
Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes
An update on entrepreneurs’ relief/ Using venture capital reliefs
Domicile and its consequences
- John Barnett TEP, Burges Salmon LLP
- Julie Butler, Butler & Co ( read interview)
- Emma Chamberlain OBE TEP, Barrister Pump Court Tax Chambers
- Caroline Fleet, Gabelle (read interview)
- Robert Jamieson MA FCA CTA (Fellow) TEP, Mercer & Hole
- Alasdair Johnstone TEP, Anderson Strathern LLP
- Chris Whitehouse TEP, 5 Stone Buildings