Paralegal/Junior Lawyer — Home Office
Location: London Salary: £39,333- £45,232 Ref: 1585058
Job description: UK Central Authority (UKCA), a fast-paced high volume and complex casework team, responsible for delivering judicial cooperation globally.
This is an exciting and challenging role with unique and significant opportunities to develop your skills in international law, performance management, project management and stakeholder engagement. You will gain experience of operating with Whitehall partners and develop expertise in judicial cooperation seeking solutions to the delivery of judicial cooperation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with colleagues in the Home Office, other Government departments, law enforcement and with overseas stakeholders to agree solutions and deliver judicial cooperation.
• Provide assistance, guidance and training to domestic and international stakeholders to improve the quality and effectiveness of Extradition and/or Mutual Legal Assistance.
• Working closely with a range of stakeholders to execute a caseload of European Investigation Orders.
• Assisting with complex Extradition cases and/or Mutual Legal assistance cases.
• Support and assist with litigation in high profile and sensitive casework.
• You may be deployed to support the strategy manager participating in projects.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement programme. Essential Criteria:
• 1-3 years’ practicing experience in criminal law.
• Sound knowledge of criminal law.
• Ability to analyse complex evidence using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice.
• Strong relationship management skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in other business units and with external stakeholders.
• Robust, self-motivated and a good team player.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines. Desirable Criteria:
• Knowledge and or experience of asset recovery work.
Closing date: Friday 1st June 2018.