Senior Solicitor (2-5 years’ PQE), Litigation / Insurance and Risk (Casualty) – Brodies LLP
Based in Glasgow
Elena Fry, Partner
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Solicitor to join our growing Insurance and Risk (Casualty) Division. The team handles the defence of a wide range of liability claims from low value motor to technically complex multi-million pound cases.
In this role, you will have a varied and exciting workload. You will have your own caseload and assist senior members of the team in more complex cases. You will deal with the full range of defender liability claims for insurers and self-insured clients including personal injury, motor, employers and public liability, disease, property damage, product liability and fatal accidents. You will also have exposure to health and safety regulatory work including HSE and other criminal prosecutions, FAIs and health and safety advisory work. You will receive opportunities to conduct your own advocacy.
With guidance and support, the role holder will have the opportunity to experience a wide range of work as follows:
- Provide assistance to Partners and associates dealing with large and complex liability claims
- General liability claims defence work which is mostly carried out in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session. This also includes some pre-litigation or investigatory work
- Disease Claims
- Health and safety regulatory work
- Assist clients through regulatory regimes within which they operate
- Property damage claims and advisory work
- Advocacy in the Sheriff Court
- Representation in regulatory proceedings
- Actively participate in the business development of the unit and liaise with current and prospective clients
- Operate within the firm’s case management system
- Be aware of Brodies’ information security policies, and protect information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference at all times.
- Works effectively with other team members, and able to work as part of a team on larger cases
- Takes responsibility for their own caseload subject to supervision
- Works to understand the department’s key clients, the industry they operate in and the challenges they face
- Has strong technical drafting skills and works in a logical manner
- Provides client advice that is of the highest quality, well presented and tailored to their needs
- Maintains regular contact with the clients and shows understanding of the priorities for the client
- Communicates in a confident, clear and relaxed way
- A flexible approach to tasks as may be working for a number of people at one time
- Self motivated and driven
- Prepared, organised and able to prioritise
- Applied knowledge
- Commercial and Profit Focus
- Conduct and communication skills
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference number BR644. If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Suzanne Ross on 0131 656 0156
Brodies is committed to equality, diversity & the creation of an inclusive work environment where no partner, employee, potential employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment. We value the skills, experience and perspective that a diverse and representative workforce offers us in terms of our ability to deliver top class legal services to our clients.