Law firms encouraged to cycle in aid of Breast Cancer Now
Law firms across the UK are being encouraged to take part in a cycling challenge to raise money for Breast Cancer Now.
Tour de Law takes place over a week, from Monday 11th October – Sunday 17th October 2021, bringing together employees across the UK legal sector to get moving, get fundraising and help people living with breast cancer at a time when they need us most.
It’s a UK wide challenge, so open to anyone wherever you are in the country! Tour de Law: Cycle Your Way is a great chance to promote some friendly rivalry, encourage physical activity and have teams work together towards an important cause.
Below are the key details on Tour de Law:
- This October, we are encouraging law firms from across the UK to enter teams of up to 10 people, to go head-to-head to become the Tour de Law Champion 2021
- Teams can take part either on a road bike or on a static bike at home/the gym
- You can enter as many teams as you like from your organisation
- The team of 10 doesn’t need to all be from the one organisation; you can extend this out to friends and family too!
- Each team will ride as many kilometres as possible from 6.00am on Monday 11th to 6.00pm on Sunday 17th October, to raise money for those affected by breast cancer
- We will have a bespoke website, in partnership with JustGiving, that will be used to raise money online, and connect with Strava to record the distances cycled
- Each rider will set up a JustGiving page and then join as a team (we will send instructions, it’s very straightforward!)
- We recommend that each team aims to raise a minimum of £1,500, so that’s £150 per person
- The Tour de Law champion will be crowned based on the highest combined distance and fundraising totals, plus there will be other prizes to be won!