Assistant Legal Counsel – Red Rock Power Limited
Reports to: Head of Legal
Red Rock Power Limited is a leading energy company based in Edinburgh, established to invest, develop, construct, own and operate clean energy projects. The company is expanding to support the development of key projects within the UK offshore wind and renewables sector and to support the active pursuit of a number of opportunities across the European clean energy market. More information can be found on our company website: https://www.redrockpower.co.uk/.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Legal Counsel. As a key member of the legal team reporting to the Head of Legal, you will support the Head of Legal and Legal Counsel, with legal aspects relating to the Company.
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Legal Counsel with all legal matters to ensure the provision of strategic, business specific, legal, governance, compliance and regulatory advice, on all Company, project, operational and transactional matters.
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Legal Counsel with general corporate/commercial, and commercial contract advice and the identification and management of legal risks to the business and to its senior management, directors and shareholders.
- Drafting bespoke agreements and the drafting and negotiation of commercial contacts, consultancy agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other agreements, as required.
- Involvement in corporate, contracting, financing and other key aspects of UK offshore wind and renewable energy projects.
- Monitoring and advising on regulatory developments within the Energy sector.
- Involvement in legal aspects of UK and European energy related M&A transactions.
- Supporting the Head of Legal and Legal Counsel with Company secretarial duties and ensuring good governance and compliance with all regulatory aspects.
- Researching and evaluating risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- A qualified solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales, with relevant degree and post graduate qualification.
- An LLB from a UK university or equivalent law degree from another common-law jurisdiction.
- At least 2 years post-qualification legal practice experience (law firm or in-house), and ideally with experience gained in either projects, infrastructure or energy/ renewable energy related matters.
- Experience of the renewable energy sector desirable, but not essential.
- Highly motivated, ambitious and a commercially minded team player.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective Communication
- Trust & Integrity
- Team Orientated
- Strategic Vision
- Commercial/Business Awareness
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity and the chance to get involved with interesting projects
- Competitive benefits package including life assurance, private medical care and 10% non contributory pension
- The chance to work amongst a friendly, dedicated and sociable team
- Social, health and wellbeing initiatives
- Spectacular office views of Arthurs Seat and the East End of Edinburgh
- Fruit, snacks, lunch, hot and cold drinks provided at the office