Associate (Professional and Financial Disputes) – Clyde & Co
We are seeking an Associate (5 years + PQE) to work on a varied workload covering professional negligence and commercial dispute resolution work, based in our Edinburgh office. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a highly respected Band 1 team and to gain exposure to some of the most challenging and interesting claims in this practice area.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on claims for a broad variety of professionals (including solicitors and construction professionals) in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session and will also gain exposure to ADR. There will also be an opportunity to become involved in business development.
The role will involve:
- Running a case load of files in a manner compliant with our service level agreements with insurers
- Assisting in the defence of high value and complex claims
- Communicating with clients effectively and complying with deadlines and clients’ reporting requirements
- Capturing and recording management information
- Sheriff court advocacy
- Instructing experts
- Instructing counsel
- Playing a role in business development activities
The successful candidate will display an excellent legal ability, initiative, confidence in managing and prioritising a full and varied caseload and be a strong communicator with attention to detail.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Kirstie.email@example.com