Clinical Negligence Associate
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Wednesday 01 December 2021
We are looking to appoint a talented, Associate or Senior Associate ideally 5+ years PQE to join our first class, specialist clinical negligence team in Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients. Our team of Clinical negligence solicitors are experts in dealing with NHS and medical negligence claims ranging from medical misdiagnosis to amputation, cancer, nerve injury, spine injury, birth injury, head/brain injury and negligence claims against doctors, surgeons and hospitals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company’s future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
Responsibilities to include:
- Managing your own, varied caseload and files in-line with National Practice Standards and complying with precedents.
- Supervising and Managing a team of 3 fee earners.
- Drafting court documents, preparing schedules, creating files, proof reading and briefing counsel.
- Drafting Witness statements.
- Drafting schedules of Loss.
- Instructing Medical experts.
- Marketing and networking initiatives to help develop further business.
- Clinical Negligence experience is essential.
- Strong commercial awareness and a good level of understanding of the relative law is required.
- Proven ability of nurturing and developing professional networks, both internally and externally would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience of supervising junior team members.
- Excellent client care and communication skills are essential.
What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
- Please Note - Vacancies may closed prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.