Family Law Solicitor (PQ3+, Edinburgh) – Anderson Strathern LLP
We are a progressive leading Scottish law firm with a strong brand focused on taking our clients where they want to be with offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and East Lothian. We pride ourselves in providing a seamless, high quality service delivering commercial and practical advice to help our clients achieve their personal and professional goals.
An exciting career move for someone who has specialised in family law for the majority of your career to build upon our brand and reputation. The family law team, headed by Janice Jones is dynamic, ambitious and small with a strong market presence recognised by both our Chambers and Legal 500 standings.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering high quality advice and an efficient client service
- Developing your client relationship/client care skills
- Being proactive in business development
- Identifying and managing risk effectively in your work
- Meeting agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of financial issues
- Effective time management to maximise the profitability of your work
What you’ll need to succeed
- Excellent technical skills with a solid understanding and broad experience of family law, including cross-border/multi-jurisdictional cases
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all types of family law actions raised in both the Sheriff Court and Court of Session
- A wealth of experience in different forms of family law cases including actions seeking financial provision on divorce, child contact issues, adoption and where possible, in cases comprising permanence orders, etc
- Be well-versed in providing high quality and efficient service to individuals including advising high net worth individuals on pre/post-nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Be keen and willing to participate in BD initiatives and committed to developing our business further
- Be able to confidently build business relations and seek out and engage PR and press opportunities
- Be professional, flexible and able to work independently and collaboratively with others as a part of a close-knit family law team, and comfortable taking the lead in your own cases
- Have strong negotiation skills and be well versed in various forms of ADR
What you’ll get in return
You will work autonomously whilst being supported and developed by Janice Jones and through our management development training programme. You will encouraged to build your own client base and have the opportunity to liaise with senior stakeholders to help build your career in a dynamic and energetic environment. There are excellent prospects for progression within this role and within the firm as a whole.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com. For further information, please see https://andersonstrathern.co.uk/about-us/working-with-us/current-vacancies or contact Linda Adams, HR Manager.
Anderson Strathern LLP is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and to developing a diverse workforce.