Fitness to Practise Investigator
£32,979 - £36,438
Full and part time roles available
Temporary and permanent
About the role
We are looking to recruit Fitness to Practise Investigators to work in our Fitness to Practise team. Due to the final expansion of the SSSC Register, set to finish in September 2020, and to cover maternity leave, we have a number of positions available.
Working in a busy investigation team you will:
- plan and carry out investigations into social service workers
- take statements from witnesses
- obtain documentary evidence
- carry out risk assessments on information you receive
- make decisions on whether to take formal action
- make recommendations about formal action
- be responsible for your own caseload
- liaise with third parties, including employers, courts, police, Crown Office Procurator Fiscal Service and other regulatory bodies, to obtain information
- work closely with professional colleagues including solicitors and qualified social service workers.
Who we are
We are the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce.
We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct, we can investigate and take action.
We are looking for someone with:
- skills in investigating and assessing information
- effective writing skills which include an attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- experience of taking statements
- experience of dealing with complaints
- an ability to manage a busy caseload and work effectively as part of a team
- well-developed and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Why work for us
We offer a generous benefits package including flexible working, the latest IT equipment, local government pension scheme and up to 43 days holiday (dependent on service).
Our offices are based in the centre of Dundee, however due to the COVID-19 pandemic all SSSC staff are working remotely from home. We are developing our home working policy and are happy to discuss individual arrangements and consider home working as an option depending on job requirements and attendance at the office for inductions, training and meetings etc. We welcome applications from candidates outside Dundee and the surrounding areas.
How to apply
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification on our website: www.sssc.uk.com/knowledgebase/article/KA-02926/en-us
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com with your contact details and one of our Fitness to Practise Managers will get back to you.
Please send your completed application form and our equalities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8am on Monday 6 July 2020 quoting ‘Fitness to Practise Investigator’ as the email subject. Interviews will take place remotely on Microsoft Teams shortly after the closing date.