Fitness to Practise Investigator – Scottish Social Services Council
Fitness to Practise Investigator
35 hours per week
Temporary for 12 months
Due to internal progression we are looking to recruit a temporary investigator to the Fitness to Practise Department.
Who we are:
The SSSC is the independent regulator for social service workers in Scotland. Our work means the people of Scotland can count on social services being provided by a trusted, skilled and confident workforce. We protect the public by registering social service workers, setting standards for their practice, conduct, training and education and by supporting their professional development. Where people fall below the standards of practice and conduct we can investigate and take action. There are over 200,000 people employed in social services in Scotland. Over 100,000 of these people are registered with the SSSC.
The Fitness to Practise department receives concerns raised about workers, investigates and decides what action to take, including referring cases to be heard by a Fitness to Practise Panel and defending the SSSC in court.
What we can offer:
- Challenging and rewarding work.
- A place in a supportive multi-disciplinary team.
- Good work life balance.
- An opportunity to work in a thriving city, voted as one of the top 10 European destinations (Lonely Planet, 2018).
- Comprehensive benefits package including progressive pay scale, generous annual leave entitlement, flexi-time, career average pension, cycle to work scheme and a relocation package.
What we are looking for:
- Strong investigation skills or background
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive, motivated and hardworking people.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment, including becoming involved with projects.
- Capability to manage competing deadlines.
- Flexible and proactive approach to doing work.
You’ll find more information in the job description and person specification.
To apply please visit www.sssc.uk.com/about-the-sssc/work-for-us/current-vacancies.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 1 October 2018 quoting ‘Investigator’ as the email subject. Interviews will be held week commencing 8 October 2018.