In-House Solicitor (2+ years’ PQE, Energy) – Red Rock Power Limited
Red Rock Power Limited is a leading energy company based in Edinburgh, established to invest, develop, construct, own and operate clean energy projects. The company is expanding to support the development of key projects within the UK offshore wind sector and to support the active pursuit of a number of opportunities across the European clean energy market.
We are currently looking to recruit a Legal Assistant. As a key member of the Corporate Support team, you will support our Legal Counsel with all legal aspects relating to the Company.
- Assisting the Legal Counsel with all legal matters to ensure the provision of strategic, business specific, legal, governance, compliance and regulatory advice, on all Company, project, operational and transactional matters.
- Assisting the Legal Counsel with general corporate/commercial, and commercial contract advice and the identification and management of legal risks to the business and to its senior management, directors and shareholders.
- Drafting bespoke agreements and the drafting and negotiation of commercial contacts, consultancy agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other agreements, as required.
- Involvement in corporate, contracting, financing and other key aspects of UK offshore wind and renewable energy projects.
- Monitoring and advising on regulatory developments within the Energy sector.
- Involvement in legal aspects of UK and European energy related M&A transactions.
- Supporting the Legal Counsel with Company secretarial duties and ensuring good governance and compliance with all regulatory aspects.
- Researching and evaluating risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- A qualified solicitor in Scotland or England and Wales, with relevant degree and post graduate qualification.
- An LLB from a UK university or equivalent law degree from another common-law jurisdiction.
- At least 2 years post-qualification legal practice experience (law firm or in-house), and ideally with broad experience gained in either projects, infrastructure or energy/ renewable energy related matters.
- Experience of the renewable energy sector desirable but not essential.
- Highly motivated, ambitious and a commercially minded team player.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding of relevant Scottish, English and European legislation.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here are a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance
- Access to Group Pension Plan with 10% employers pension contribution
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Life Assurance
- Elective benefits such as: Cycle to work scheme and discounts at related companies
Remuneration package dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience, please submit your CV and cover letter,
quoting current salary, to email@example.com