Infrastructure & Projects Solicitor, NQ-3 years' PQE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the specialist Infrastructure & Projects practice at Harper Macleod.
Our team is leading advisers on major infrastructure projects in Scotland and beyond, with significant involvement in projects procured through the Scottish Government’s hub initiative and student accommodation projects.
We also advise on complex and high value construction and engineering projects and high-value and high-profile public sector procurements. Our team advises a wide range of stakeholders - from government and public sector bodies to multinational companies and lenders on major projects and project finance. Our case load involves projects in Scotland, the rest of the UK and some international work.
The ideal candidate would be between NQ to 3 years qualified. The role will see you work directly with our practice head Euan Pirie, who is one of the most experienced non-contentious construction and engineering and projects lawyers in Scotland. The work is likely to involve:
- Supporting the negotiation of project agreements and associated contracts
- Supporting the negotiation of project funding documents under a variety of different funding models
- Advising on the corporate structuring of projects
- Supporting financial close and other completion activities
- Providing advice on operational projects
- Participation in business development activities to help us grow our already successful practice
- Commercial contract experience (it would be desirable if such experience were in corporate/banking and/or construction but all experience will be considered)
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills along with the ability to work to tight deadlines within a commercially driven environment
- Strong organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence in communicating with clients and ability to communicate in a clear and relaxed manner
- Be a team player - able to work on own as well as part of a team
About Harper Macleod
We are a business that has been named Law Firm of the Year eight times and that has delivered long-term growth in turnover and profitability. We are passionate about providing a platform for our talented lawyers to develop their careers as part of the ongoing success of the Harper Macleod business.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career over a period which will bring exciting challenges and opportunities for everyone involved. Harper Macleod is committed to staff development and will invest in the successful candidate.
To apply please send a CV and current salary details to Kirsty Hunter, HR Manager.
Harper Macleod LLP is committed to promoting equal opportunities and developing a diverse workforce.