Legacy Management Officer (Scotland) – Cancer Research UK
Salary: £28,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Home based in Scotland
Do you have experience of the law related to wills and trusts?
Through Legacy Management case-work, you’d be delivering the Legacy Professional Partnerships (LLP) strategy that supports our vision of building first-class professional partnerships and relationships in relation to Legacy giving; playing a key part in the end-to-end supporter journey for professional audiences that will drive us to achieve our ambitious and stretching Legacy income targets of over £190m per year.
You would act as the first point of contact working with professional executors to administer estates in a professional and approachable manner seeking to maximise gifts when appropriate, and engage with the professional audience to generate future interest in legacy giving. Through excellent legacy administration you would manage a caseload of residuary and life interest legacies and support the Legacy Professional Partnerships Strategy.
We’re looking for someone with some experience of the law related to wills and trusts and applicants with knowledge of Scottish law in this area would be particularly well received.
You’d need to be a self-motivator able to work with minimum supervision while taking pragmatic decisions with the following qualities:
- Some experience of probate and trust law is essential
- Knowledge of Scottish Law would be advantageous
- Self-motivator able to work with minimum supervision while taking pragmatic decisions
- Strong and proven time management and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, face to face and over the telephone
- Confident presentation skills to others internally and externally
- A strong team player who is able to work flexibly to support colleagues and/or other teams
- Attention to detail/data accuracy, particularly when inputting into the case management system
- Solution focussed with a proactive outlook
- Welcomes and gives positive and constructive feedback to improve performance
- Embody the CRUK Values be sharp, brave and united
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK
- Will require travel in the UK
- Home-based a secure storage area and suitable home office space is required.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd May 2019, 23:55
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.