Legal Adviser – Ministry of Justice
Location: Glasgow (Alexander Bain House, York Street, G2 8JQ)
Civil Service Grade: Band Ba (SEO)
Salary: £32,058 - £42,461
Post Type: Full time or part time position for up to 12 months
As a Legal Officer you will be part of the Legal, Policy and Decision Support Unit. Specifically, you will be part of a flexible and professional legal team, which provides all stakeholders with an excellent service and sound legal advice.
You will advise on a wide range of requests for legal advice and assistance from across the organisation, as allocated to you by the Head of Legal, including on the drafting and establishment of trusts, statutory interpretation, First-tier Tribunal appeals (drafting submissions where appropriate), data protection issues, and judicial reviews to the Upper Tribunal and Court of Session.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding of the Criminal Injuries Compensation Schemes and relevant legislation. You will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of public law and trust law, and a competent understanding of criminal law and data protection legislation.
- Give prompt, accurate and well written legal advice to staff from all areas of the business.
- Draft trust deeds and advice on issues connected with trusts
- Draft submissions in cases involving CICA before the Upper Tribunal and, as appropriate, the First-tier Tribunal
- Support the legal team in the management of applications for judicial review, ensuring that the Authority’s best interests are protected
- Provide input to cases before the First-tier Tribunal as required
For more details and to apply visit:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/recruitment, follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 26018
Closing Date: 4 June 2019