The renewables sector offers unparalleled opportunities for both professional development and the chance to make an active contribution to sustaining our natural environment. BayWa r.e. is a subsidiary of BayWa AG Group, a public listed company and part of Germany’s S-Dax. BayWa r.e. offers fascinating roles with great prospects in the fields of wind power, solar energy and bio-energy.
Our business activities include trading, project development and realization, consultancy services and technical/commercial operations management.
As a result of our continued growth in the UK and Ireland we are looking to recruit a lawyer to support the delivery of our onshore wind, solar and battery projects pipeline at BayWa r.e. UK Limited – a part of the BayWa r.e. global group. The applicant can have experience either in private practice or in industry and a range of post-qualification experience is welcomed. You will join a team of three lawyers and report to the Head of Commercial.
You will encounter a broad range of energy work, as well as being expected to provide support across all aspects of a project from the greenfield site identification stage, through consenting, procurement, construction, financing and sale. Some of the core tasks you will encounter are:
- Primarily supporting greenfield development, with support on real estate and planning matters for onshore wind, solar PV and battery storage projects across the UK and Ireland
- Supporting the projects in all aspects of their delivery, including due diligence, acquisition, construction, regulatory, corporate and commercial matters and sale
- Working with project managers to implement core processes and systems to enable efficient contract agreement and management
- Identifying the need for legal input and support across the UK and Ireland business and supporting as required in risk management, contract drafting/negotiation and contract implementation
- Procuring, managing and reviewing legal advice provided by external law firms
- You will be a qualified solicitor in Scotland, England & Wales, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland
- Previous experience of working on renewable energy projects preferred
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Shows a keen understanding of the company’s needs and seeks to tailor advice appropriately
- Takes responsibility for leading on legal aspects of transactions
- Self motivated and driven
- Works well as part of a team
- Naturally well prepared and organised, able to deal with competing priorities and meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please visit Job opportunity Legal Counsel at BayWa r.e. (baywa-re.com)
All enquiries please contact our HR department, firstname.lastname@example.org