Paralegal (Debt Recovery and Credit Control) – Yuill + Kyle
You will be a part of, and play a central role in the development of, the paralegal team within Yuill+Kyle - one of Scotland’s leading legal debt recovery practices. You will work alongside experienced colleagues in delivering a quality service to our existing client base. You will work cases from their pre-litigation inception through to raising court action and enforcing decrees. You will also take part in our ongoing legal debt recovery education programme.
Yuill + Kyle is a part of MacRoberts LLP and is based in their offices in Glasgow’s International Financial Services District.
As a Debt Recovery and Credit Control paralegal, you will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Pre sue collections to include telephone collections;
- Raising court actions (both simple procedure and ordinary actions);
- All aspects of diligence;
. Use of a fully integrated legal debt recovery case management system; and
. liaising with clients to advise on the best course of action to maximise recoveries.
We are looking for candidates to be able to demonstrate the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic;
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently;
. Willingness to learn and progress within the industry;
. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings experience would be advantageous;
- Having a paralegal certificate in Scottish debt recovery law would be advantageous.
Location and Hours of Work
Glasgow - Monday to Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm)
How to apply
25th January 2019
Yuill + Kyle is part of MacRoberts LLP and is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we treat all applicants and employees fairly, irrespective of religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, colour, nationality, or ethnic origin.