Residential Conveyancing and Private Client Solicitor – John Jackson & Dick Job
John Jackson & Dick is a long established forward thinking practice. We are looking to expand and have plans in place to continue to grow and currently have an interesting and exciting opportunity based in our Hamilton office. You may already work within a high street firm or perhaps you work in a large city firm and are seeking a better work/life balance.
The role would suit someone with a strong background in residential conveyancing with private client experience including Wills, Executries, Powersof Attorney and Guardianships. You should have a minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience, have excellent interpersonal skills and the desire and ambition to drive the business forward and want career progression.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising clients on all matters relating to the purchase, sale,
remortgaging and transfer of residential property;
- Negotiating missives on behalf of clients;
- Examining and reporting on title;
- Preparation and submission of LBTT returns;
- Attending to registration of title and voluntary registrations;
- Advising clients on the preparation and execution of Wills including
inheritance tax planning;
- Being able to advise on the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act in
relation to the preparation of Powers of Attorney and/or Guardianships ;
- Estate administration of testate and intestate estates including relevant
knowledge and experience of preparing Inheritance Tax forms;
- Being able to manage a busy caseload and prioritise work.
A clean driving licence would also be useful.
- LLB and post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- PQE 3 years+ within a residential/private client role.
The role on offer is flexible with genuine career prospects for the right candidates. Although full time is on offer, we may consider part time.
To apply, please forward your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 48 Cadzow Street, Hamilton ML3 6DT.
Telephone 01698 281747.