Senior Editor, Practical Law Employment
Practical Law (https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com) is an online legal know how service. It provides rigorous peer reviewed resources, such as practice notes, standard documents and clauses, toolkits and articles to help our customers work smarter and advise with confidence.
This role is part of our Scots law editorial team based out of Edinburgh and is focused on the production and maintenance of high-quality Scottish employment content.
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Key Responsibilities within Role:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence employment law practice.
- Helping with the development of the Scots Law Resource Centre.
Skills and Experience:
- Scottish qualified solicitor/advocate
- Significant post qualification experience in employment law practice in Scotland.
- Substantial experience of advising employers and employees on the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.