Senior Legal Counsel – Senvion
Senvion are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Senior Legal Counsel to join the team in the Edinburgh Office.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be a key member of the organisation that leads on all legal issues and develop strategies and processes to safeguard Senvion’s interests.
Principally based in the UK Head Office in Edinburgh, although there will be frequent travel required to customer offices/sites, Senvion office locations and Senvion GmbH in Hamburg.
- Ability to assist the Head of Legal (Regional) and cover for other hub legal counsels where required.
- The senior legal counsel will manage the relationship with external legal providers (where required) who will provide specialist advice when required.
- Budget responsibility for legal spend within the UK.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ PQE.
- Experience of giving legal advice to senior level with the ability to both present and influence at both local and global level within Senvion.
- Preferable experience working in a legal department of a large international company with individual contract values exceeding £15M.
- Extensive experience of standard construction and engineering contracts including Yellow and Silver FIDIC, NEC and experienced in drafting and negotiating bespoke contracts.
- Ability to influence, lead and negotiate together with excellent communication skills and commercial acumen.
- Ability to provide legal support to all business units to effectively manage risks attached to the operations of the company and to ensure compliance to relevant legislation.
- Extensive experience of claims management, strategy and negotiation a key requirement.
- An advanced level of Word and a basic knowledge of MS Excel, Project and SAP would be advantageous.
Salary & Benefits
Range : £49,000-£55,000 plus discretionary bonus and car allowance.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org