Senior Solicitor/Associate - Dispute Resolution & Litigation
£neg + Benefits Package
RSB Lindsays is a full-service law firm with a reputation for providing an excellent and outstanding service to clients. Our specialist teams offer a diverse range of services, allowing us to cater to the needs of a wide range of clients, whether individual or corporate.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced commercial litigation solicitor to join the Dundee office to undertake and develop our dispute resolution and litigation services in Dundee and Tayside. You will be advising clients on a wide range of contentious matters, including commercial and property litigation, contractual disputes, and insolvency. You will have a good working knowledge of all forms of dispute resolution and can expect to be involved in claims and disputes in the Sheriff Court and Court of Session. There will be opportunities for development of your advocacy skills, and scope to develop interests in Alternative Dispute Resolution. We are also interested in speaking to disputes solicitors with experience in specialist areas, who may be keen to continue to develop their specialism alongside a more general civil and commercial disputes practice
This position will involve a high degree of autonomy, and offer the successful applicant a real opportunity to contribute to the growth of the Dundee base, via marketing and business development initiatives.
This is a permanent role with core hours of 9am - 5pm, although flexi time is available.
Key responsibilities include:
- The provision of a quality service to clients in all areas of contentious disputes.
- Attendance at Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland as reasonably required.
- Maintaining client contact, meeting with clients and addressing their daily needs and requirements.
- Assisting with CPD initiatives including in-house presentations
- Promotion of marketing initiatives, including cross selling of the firm’s services
- Active participation in all aspects of Business Development associated with the Firm
- Active involvement and contribution to all methods of social media as required by the team.
Key experience and skills required:
- Commercial approach
- Ability to form good working relations within the team and with Partners and staff
- Ability to work largely unsupervised
- Ability to manage a full caseload responsibly, competently and profitably
- Ability to manage workload and achieve set fee target
- Good personal organisation
- Demonstrate understanding of business requirements
- Good presentation and social media skills
If you are interested in applying for the above role and possess the relevant experience please send your CV, including a note of your current salary, to Pearl Black, HR Advisor, Caledonian Exchange, 19A Canning Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HE or email: email@example.com
RSB Lindsays is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.