Solicitor (Dispute Resolution) – Jackson Boyd Lawyers
Jackson Boyd Lawyers are one of Scotland’s foremost litigation firms, dealing with thousands of claims each year involving personal injury, dispute resolution and employment. We pride ourselves on a first class, cost-effective legal service for our clients.
Glasgow City Centre
Senior Associate and Partner Level
Hours of Work:
Full/part time – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm with a one hour lunch break
To manage a diverse civil litigation caseload from initial instruction to successful conclusion.
- to manage a diverse caseload in respect of personal and commercial contract disputes; property disputes, residential and commercial landlord and tenant cases; professional negligence claims and some criminal defence work (principally motoring offences) all run on our sophisticated case management system
- raising and defending court actions as necessary in Sheriff Court and Court of Session, and also raising and defending alternative dispute resolution actions, including First Tier Tribunal and Arbitrations.
- complying with our clients’ Service Level Standards.
- around 2 years’ post qualifying experience
- some experience of criminal work would be advantageous but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- ability to analyse problems and information, evaluating options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate and commercial solution
- demonstrates a conscientious and commercially focused approach
- excellent interpersonal skills
- well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and methodically, adhere to service level standards and comply with tight deadlines
- competent user of IT systems to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements
- working as part of a team and assisting trainees and junior colleagues.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit our Careers Page at https://www.jacksonboyd.co.uk/about-us/work-for-us/ and upload your CV and covering letter.