Solicitor (EL/Pl department)
Contract Type: Permanent
Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Thursday 01 July 2021
We are currently recruiting for a talented, solicitor to join our first class, specialist EL/Pl department, in Edinburgh. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
The purpose of this role is to manage client matters to provide a high level of client care whilst maintaining adherence to our business directives. Manages relationships with internal and external parties to ensure matters are dealt with in the appropriate way.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive headlines we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our Solicitors.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company’s future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- Ensure efficient file management including adherence to timescales, compliance with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system with appropriate supervision.
- Efficiently delegate to paralegal and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and court, or other, deadlines are adhered to.
- Ensure financial aspects of matters including billing, time recording is managed to enable achievement of their KPIs. Sets own goals to achieve their KPIs.
- Actively participate and support Senior Lawyers in marketing opportunities including networking and contribution to blogs, media commentary etc within Slater and Gordon guidelines if required.
- Produces complex documents, briefs and witness statements through plain English (verbal and written communication). Researches and applies an understanding of the law within own Practice Group.
- Leads client meetings and manages complex negotiations as appropriate. In additions, supports the Senior Lawyers with the same.
- Is aware of the risk profile to area of business and works to minimise exposure.
- Law Society of Scotland qualified
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant practice and business IT/case management systems
- Previous experience (dependant on the seniority of role required) of managing cases within their area of expertise
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work from various stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills
Our values provide the framework for how we engage with our colleagues, customers, and stakeholders. These behaviours and values must be demonstrated in the role and across the business.
- We do what we say we will
- We own it, we sort it
- We don’t wait, we create
- We respect and encourage each other
- We make time to live
What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.
- Please Note - Vacancies may close prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume of applications received.