Land and Rural Business Solicitor
We have an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor to join our leading Land and Rural Business Team.
The rural property department’s work is varied due to the nature of the client base. It is envisaged the individual will support in all general rural matters with particular emphasis in the following areas:-
- Handling rural purchase and sale transactions;
- Carrying out rural security work on behalf of lending institutions;
- Advising on crofting issues and handling croft transactions under supervision;
- Drafting agricultural lease documentation under supervision;
- Drafting residential lease documentation under supervision;
- Developing a working knowledge of agricultural holdings legislation and advising thereon under supervision;
- Dealing with NFU legal helpline cases;
- Assisting with key client relationships and developing these where possible;
- Assisting with the supervision and development of the teams trainees, interns and work experience students as and when required.
Candidates will possess a desire to actively contribute to the development of our successful and forward-thinking team.
This position would be suitable for a Solicitor with at least one year’s post-qualification experience in the sector. Applications from candidates with more experience will also be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in a professional and rewarding environment. A competitive salary and benefits package are offered. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to Recruitment@gillespiemacandrew.co.uk
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that they value the diversity of their workforce.
Please see the following link if you wish to view our privacy notice in line with 2018 GDPR legislation: https://www.gillespiemacandrew.co.uk/privacy-notice/